Tickets Sale Start Date:
30 October 2016
Tickets Sale End Date:
30 December 2016 at 15h30 (30 minutes before the draw)
30 December 2016 at 16h00
Machine Used for the Draw:
Random Number Generator
WHAT IS RAFFLE?
Christmas RAFFLE is an on-line game utilizing a computerized terminal to record sales and also to validate prize claims.
HOW DOES THE RAFFLE GAME WORK?
1. During the active selling period of each Christmas RAFFLE Game, the participants may enter into that draw. A participant will enter into the Christmas RAFFLE draw by indicating in person to a Retailer the requested number of entries (tickets) they would like, for that specific RAFFLE draw.
2. You cannot pick your own Christmas RAFFLE numbers to be displayed on the Ticket.
3. The ticket number Selection is randomly generated by the National Lottery central system, which numbers will be issued in a sequential order.
WHAT IS A RANDOM NUMBER GENERATOR (RNG)?
The function object (a computer software) that will be used to conduct a draw for the Christmas RAFFLE Game to determine the winning Tickets.
ARE THE DRAWS CONDUCTED LIVE?
1. Each draw is conducted live in the presence of an independent auditor, and in accordance with procedures and rules to conduct such draws using the RNG.
2. Each draw will select winning ticket numbers with the aid of a Random Number Generator (RNG) or any drawing equipment as ITHUBA may from time to time determine.
3. The winning numbers are randomly drawn on the pre-selected day for that specific Christmas RAFFLE Game.
4. The outcome of the draw is not predetermined by human intervention at all.
WHERE AND WHEN MAY I PURCHASE A RAFFLE GAME?
1. Tickets can be purchased at an existing National Lottery outlet daily for the duration of any one Christmas RAFFLE Game. Tickets may be purchased up to at least 30 minutes prior to the draw that the receipt has been entered into.
2. When the last Christmas RAFFLE number is issued, the specific Christmas RAFFLE Game will close and no additional tickets will be available for purchase.
3. Remember, there are limited number of Christmas RAFFLE tickets to be bought. The number of tickets available for sale within the sale period is 2 000 000 (for the first Christmas RAFFLE Game in 2016).
HOW MUCH IS THE RAFFLE TICKET?
The price may differ based on which Christmas RAFFLE Game is launched for sale. For 2016:
1. The cost for a Christmas RAFFLE Ticket is R20, including VAT.
2. You can purchase a minimum of a Christmas RAFFLE Ticket for R20 and a maximum bet will be R10 000 including VAT.
WHAT ARE THE ODDS OF WINNING A RAFFLE PRIZE?
Herewith the odds of winning a prize for the first Christmas RAFFLE Game:
(This is specific to each Christmas RAFFLE Game and will change with each Game.)
FAQ – Lotto
||# of Prizes
||Percent of Sales
||Percent of Pay-out
|Mercedes-Benz C-Class Cabriolet
|R 100 000
|R 10 000
|R 1 000
WHERE WILL THE WINNING NUMBERS BE AVAIILABLE?
Draw results will be published on the National Lottery website, press, social media and on the LOTTO/PowerBall draw show.
DOES THE RAFFLE JACKPOT ROLL?
The Christmas RAFFLE jackpot does not roll over. Each Game’s prizes are fixed and guaranteed.
HOW DO I CLAIM THE RAFFLE PRIZE?
Each Prize must be claimed within 365 days from the date of the Draw.
1. Prizes up to R2 000 can be claimed at any retailer.
2. Prizes between R2 001 and R50 000 are only payable at an authorized Prize Payment Centre.
3. Prizes above R50 000 are payable at any of Ithuba’s offices (head office or regional offices).
IS THERE A TIME PERIOD IN WHICH TO CLAIM PRIZES?
Christmas RAFFLE participants have up to 365 days from the day of the draw to claim.
For Christmas RAFFLE Game 1 (2016 Game) First prize (Jackpot winners) must claim their prize within 30 days of the draw. After 30 days, there is a waiting period of a minimum of 90 days.
After expiry, 50% of the unclaimed prize money is deposited into the National Lottery Distribution Trust Fund (NLDTF) for distribution to good causes.
FOR FURTHER QUESTIONS AND ENQUIRIES:
Please refer to the National Lottery website (www.nationallottery.co.za ) or contact the ITHUBA Player Helpline on 0800 484 822.
Download Raffle Rules and Regulations
FAQ – Lotto Plus
FAQ – PowerBall
FAQ – PowerBall Plus
FAQ – Sportstake
FAQ – PICK 3